Welcome to the Collingwood Stud Farm bed and breakfast. We are nestled in the heart of the Durbanville Wine route in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. Staying with us will be a unique experience as this is a fully functional thoroughbred stud farm.
Walk in the pastures surrounding the guest house and you can see the magnificent race horses grazing on the farm. The garden is lovely and well- kept with a thick lawn, blossoming shrubs. Enjoy the wild bird sanctuary and koi pond, a perfect place to relax. Staying at Collingwood will give you a true farm experience as you also find a pet pig, parrots, dogs and cats. We will spoil you with a hearty breakfast in this place of refuge.
The style of the guest house is Afric-Chic combining sub-Sahara architecture with touches of Art Deco. The thatched roof lines are inspired by bedouin tents commonly seen in the desert. The colours are vivid and bold. It’s a distinctive experience.
Book with us and we will make your stay a memorable one!
Why everyone loves coming here
- Conveniently situated on the Durbanville Wine Route.Boasting 12 exclusive winery’s.
- Great views across the Meerandal Wine Estate and beyond to the mountains.
- 10minutes drive from the Tygervalley and Willowbridge Shopping Malls.
- Durbanville and Bellville Golf courses are within close proximity
- On a functioning thorough bred stud farm.
- Some of the best fine dining restaurants and intimate country kitchens in the region.
- Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club offers over 120 km of world class trails just across the road.
- Easy access to the N1 and Victoria & Albert Waterfront in Cape Town
- At the start of the Cape Epic Mountain Bike Race.
- Horseback out rides.
- Cable Tv
- Wireless Internet
- Kitchen (Self Catering)
- Free parking on premises
- Indoor fireplace
- Breakfast (Light Continental)
- Braai area
Art Deco Room
Cape Town Room
We stayed at Collingwood Guest House for NYE for 4 nights, with all my family, a group of 8. We had an amazing time with my family, for their first time in Africa.David and Pat were very helpful and accessible guests. They gave us a tour of the garden, horses and other animals. It was very nice. They are extremely helpful and provides great information about the city and what to do in Cape Town. The house was exactly as expected. Great rooms decorated with charm, bed linens, beds and showers. And an amazing view on the mountains and the wine lands. Would definitely recommend this house and come back when I’m in Cape Town again.